Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

Default Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

I noticed that a good number of people have decided to pick this game up, so I thought this topic would help a little bit for those people who will be new to the Minna online experience. I'll be posting a few things here that I think most people would need to know, and I think it would be a great thread to keep open for some Q&A.

Getting started: Here is a Minna No Golf 5 gamesave from when I started out that has all characters (except Anya) and all courses unlocked. It should help anyone willing to use to get started.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/930083.html

Here is a topic that should help explain how to transfer the gamesave.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=42597227

Menu Translation - This is essentially the same as the HSG menu, but with the addition of the various leaderboards. The leaderboard area changes from time to time, so I'll be updating this as necessary.

Pressing Triangle brings up the main menu

1. Tournament Schedule
    2. Leaderboard
    1) Event leaderboards
    a. Previous event
    b. Current event
    2) Total wins board - Keeps track of all player wins for each grade. When you win a tournament you'll receive an update on your Rank.
    3) Monthly leaderboard - Monthly wiped leaderboard for 18h and 9h roudns.
    4) Character use "leaderboard" - Kinda weird, it tracks how many times you've used a given character and ranks you accordingly.
    3. Gameroom search
    4. Create gameroom
    5. Player search
    6. Return to Lobby selection
    7. Go to Online Menu
    8. Confirm Booking

I'll see if I can get snapshots of the rules and post them here as well.

A few things to keep in mind while playing Minna.

One of the best features of Minna is that you can jump to any tournament regardless of which floor you're on.

During peak hours there can be up to six (up to twelve during weekends) tournaments scheduled for any floor, remember to scroll down to see all the tournaments. For none peak hours you'll see only two tournaments scheduled (get used to this unless you play your games on jp time). In-between hours you'll see 3-4 tournaments per hour.

Grade Free (GF) tournament scores will be posted on the monthly updated leaderboard (with the exception of rules that would make the tournament Unofficial) as well as Ranked Tournaments. During events there aren't any scheduled GF tournament.

As for what exactly Events are, they're special promotional periods for whichever japanese company pays to sponsor Minna's online play. There are unique prizes to be had for each event and a leaderboard for that specific events. Some prizes are given as random prizes are podium prizes. You can even get prizes based on your leaderboard scores after the event is over. You get a prize for a top 10 score, and a random prize for board positions that end in a specific number. A previous event gave out random prizes for positions ending in 0, another gave out for places ending in 0 or 5.

The latest event just ended, make sure to check the boards for your prizes and best scores.

For more in depth information about events and other Minna related topics, you can always visit Shihiko's site.

http://mingol.shihiko.net/

If anyone has any questions or things to add please feel free.

Default Re: Online Help

RULE TRANSLATIONS

*I'm kinda doing this as I go along. I only took a few snap shots so far, but I'll be completing this within the next day or two. Forgive the poor editing please, just kinda snapping shots with my phone and cropping them with photobucket.

Advanced Shots Only

Trad Shots Only

Novice Character Only

Expert Character Only

Standard Club and Ball

Eagle Required

Chip In Required

Rough +2

Bunker +2

No Backspin

No Power

No Super Spin

No Wind gauge (Wind meter there, but always a question mark)

No Yardage to hole

No Aiming Marker

Disqualified if in Rough

Disqualified if in Bunker

Default Re: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

nice man, it looks good.

4. Default Re: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

well if you dont mind mace, this will be getting printed out in full technicolor and put inside the minna 5 box, i too bombed out of a chip in req game ...dam, kinda fortunate i guess that i was out the pods anyway, had i been in the zone, i would have been raging man!!!

nice work
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=3875

SONY sunday fun nights click to join, no ones up their own a55

Well Warhawk ****ed me and I didn't get a chance to finish before I left for Maryland. :P

many thanks for this mace...got through into the deep end the other day with a no shot marker...was intersting to say the least

7. Default Re: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

Mace, I just wanted to let you know that on the No Wind Gauge tourney, is actually No Distance-to-the-hole Gauge. I'm playing in one right now in G3.

8. Default Re: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

Sorry Hothitter, Confirmation denied. My wife is Japanese and she says his translation is correct. Kanji can be tricky as some look extremely similar so the no remaining distance rule probably looks very similar to the wind one.

I printed this up and started using it yesterday, what a help to know what I was playing before the tourney started, got a pod even!!

Attention Guests! You must register to see all content of the site, you are missing 80% of posts by not registering! It is fast, easy and free!

10. Default Re: Online Help (Now with Rules translations!)

[quote author=kumanzc link=topic=519.msg11747#msg11747 date=1231593549]
    Sorry Hothitter, Confirmation denied. My wife is Japanese and she says his translation is correct. Kanji can be tricky as some look extremely similar so the no remaining distance rule probably looks very similar to the wind one.
    [/quote]

My apologies, it was late and I definitely missed the "y" symbol. If Mace wants to, here's the jpg of the tourney so he can add it to the post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast