View Poll Results: How should Level 20 statistics be compiled?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use only the specific account's statistics

5 22.73%
  • Use one-time exception for Cars, specific acct. stats thereaft er

12 54.55%
  • All accounts included (i.e., pre/post-ps3 failure stats, second accounts)

5 22.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings Issue

Default Re: Power Rankings Issue

lol.
    i'm still undecided. but i still picked there should be no exceptions.
    i'm a tough nut. as great as cars is, nice guy too, why should the exception be made for him?
    Yes, yes it is.

kind veteran with a known reputation.
    Plum/p1/bubby/plumb/ploom/plummers/puddin/8utt5niffer/plummy/amarillo/mhm/slom/GuY/pruimsmokkelaar /pwunumfivemunininer/pwumm/99/p1umpkin/15991/plummybear/pum/Captain Chokestain/plym/rlom/naplum/slim

hmm. that he is.. but still.
    you were right others probably wanting the same kinda chance..
    it would kinda make it unfair.. but i suppose his PS3 breaking is unfair as well..

i can't really decide..
    Yes, yes it is.

By leaving him there it maintains accuracy

5. Default Re: Power Rankings Issue

I really don't see why we shouldn't allows cars to keep his numbers, it's not like anyone has been denied their numbers since this all started, right? He wouldn't be an exception, he'd be setting precedent for anyone who gets screwed as well.

That all being said, I've been saying for a while now to BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE! There's no excuse not to do it.

Silly question: Does backing up your game save data also save your online stats?

Thanks to Minna, I know that saving and transferring these files via a USB thumb drive is actually quite easy. But I thought it was just for your personal game stats, videos, player loyalties, etc. I thought that Sony kept the online tourney records separate. Obviously, Sony stores your G0 wins on a server somewhere because I can see anybody's wins on the HSG Leaderboard even if they aren't logged in. You'd think they could store all the other numbers as well.
    Also, why hasn't anybody figured out how to hack those save files to manipulate their stats? It seems entirely possible that somebody could figure out the code, upload their new save files, and then log back in with 500 wins.
    Soylent Green is people!

[quote author=J-Mod link=topic=3484.msg43137#msg43137 date=1240339870]
    Silly question: Does backing up your game save data also save your online stats?
    [/quote]

Yes, it does.

Yeah mason makes a good point, if cars is allowed the rest of you would be as well. So remember about that guy we call KARMA

[quote author=J-Mod link=topic=3484.msg43137#msg43137 date=1240339870]

Thanks to Minna, I know that saving and transferring these files via a USB thumb drive is actually quite easy. But I thought it was just for your personal game stats, videos, player loyalties, etc. I thought that Sony kept the online tourney records separate. Obviously, Sony stores your G0 wins on a server somewhere because I can see anybody's wins on the HSG Leaderboard even if they aren't logged in. You'd think they could store all the other numbers as well.
    Also, why hasn't anybody figured out how to hack those save files to manipulate their stats? It seems entirely possible that somebody could figure out the code, upload their new save files, and then log back in with 500 wins.
    [/quote]

If someone had the desire, yes...someone likely could hack a save to read certain statistics, then come online (remember when the leaderboards first came we all had to sit there for half a second while they uploaded) and poof they'd have 200 wins too. At least I think so, tell me this - does it still say Cars has 70+ wins on the leaderboard or is it his new number?

10. Default Re: Power Rankings Issue

Cars' 70ish wins won't be overwritten on the board until he wins a G0.

As for online stats, your save file is marked with your PSN account, so if you upload a save from another account it gets overwritten, but if you upload your own save it'll pop up with the stats you had at the time of the save. This is how some people reset their stats after a bad day/week/month/500 games.

Hackers would be immediately sniffed out and crucified though, especially on HSG, our community is quite small and you could Six Degrees of Separation one person to just about anyone else. Even if someone was being careful about it they wouldn't amount any G0 success without being found out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast