Thread: Hole 7

Default Hole 7

a
    Last edited by Roughdawg4; 05-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Default Re: Hole 7

Agreed with the no shortcut, but I have a suggestion with regards to the approach. Try using STS and letting it roll up the green. I've been employing this strategy on a number of holes and this is what I got for my efforts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJT23Rnu4fY#ws-hd

You know you play too much HSG when you're playing golf in real life, take a good shot, see the red line following it, realize it's a good shot, only to find that your plant foot is now missing

3. Default Re: Hole 7

I dont know how many players do this, I dont even do it all the time. But from the Long Tee, when the pin is tucked in the back, sometimes I drive to the extreme left fairway. Usually you are left with a clear 160-170yrd shot to the pin.

Not sure if a novice could make the drive, but they might with a well placed rabbit/turtle.

It's not very risky at all. Basically its the fairway for hole 9 your driving to. Hole 8 is the 1st one to the left, then hole 9. The bunker doesnt come into play, the approach is clear, left of the towering rock. There is a tree, but its doubtful youd hit it, as you would likely be using SBS. If your appoach is long, you might hit the greenside water, but again its unlikely.

The only thing youd have to worry about is if the wind is blowing right to left for the approach, as you really cant aim left with that rock there. SSS might help, but in that situation, youd be better off taking the normal route.

** This is the video of alternate path outlined in previous post. **

If you watch the video all the way through, you'll notice that the hole was completed twice. The first run-through takes the normal route to the right. The second run-through takes the path to the extreme left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLzxSpr_44M#ws-hd

You know you play too much HSG when you're playing golf in real life, take a good shot, see the red line following it, realize it's a good shot, only to find that your plant foot is now missing

5. Default Re: Hole 7

where is the walkthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWattGolfer View Post
    where is the walkthrough?
    The original walkthrough was removed by the author. Be 100% assured though that if you have anything to ask, feel free. Although traffic here is low (game is nearly 4 years old, there are a number of experienced players who still thumb through the pages here, and would be happy to help. Fried's video works though. I would only use the alternate route for the two middle pins, and tend to underhit to the front pin by a hair, especially if pi is not your strong suit, as the ball will roll down pinside on its own.
    Last edited by dimskill; 11-26-2011 at 02:21 AM.

There's also a third option what sometimes is handy with novice characters, though risky, go for the middle fairway and shoot the approach through the gap in the mountains (right of that spire)
    But the drive has to be accurate or you're in deep trouble.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Miill View Post
    There's also a third option what sometimes is handy with novice characters, though risky, go for the middle fairway and shoot the approach through the gap in the mountains (right of that spire)
    But the drive has to be accurate or you're in deep trouble.
    That's what I meant Tis true that this can be the only way to reach the green with a novice, but the fairway is a tough one to land (comparatively) as it is a standard Safari saddleback fairway. The green is also a pig from any direction, unless it's the front pin. Always expect a poopy putt from any distance more than 1.5m (5ft). All birdies here (except front pin) are definitely good birdies.

Quote Originally Posted by dimskill View Post
    That's what I meant Tis true that this can be the only way to reach the green with a novice, but the fairway is a tough one to land (comparatively) as it is a standard Safari saddleback fairway.
    Yes, and its better to miss on the left side cause on the right side you're too close to the rocks.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.