Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golfing Terminology

Default Re: Golfing Terminology

[quote author=yunatidus4ever link=topic=1660.msg18961#msg18961 date=1234191618]

I cannot stand those who whine the whole time about their own personal game.... >

Annoys me to all extremes....!!!!
    [/quote]

So true but I guess we all tend to do it when hard done by, it's a form of frustration venting :-[ I really hate it when people moan about lips after every hole though. I always want to respond with "try hitting the middle of the cup a**hole" but it doesn't fit ;D

2. Default Re: Golfing Terminology

[quote author=Roughdawg4 link=topic=1660.msg18951#msg18951 date=1234189498]
    lol yeah that will always do it. Was it the par 3 hole 3 because with no backspin we got almost all pars as well and usually it is a simple hole
    [/quote]

Yep. The par 3 near the playground that slopes front to back, with a trap in the back to gather in shots with no backspin.

It was nps all-around :

I stickied the topic

Yuna, I won't say who it was but I'm fairly sure you know them or have played with them. Anyway, it could've been handled better by both parties during the game. I'm sure I said "ul" a few too many times where I should have kept it to maybe lips. I mean sometimes I go in the drink and it's not unlucky but just poor strategy. However, when someone says ul to me when something like that happens (or I go for a 75% approach and hit it 85% way over the green), I have enough confidence in my game to admit it was just a poor shot.

Anyway, I think the subtext was clear: they were "lowly" G2s and G1s and I was a snobby G0, and I should be careful what I say when I'm the only one playing well. That may seem ridiculous, but you have to keep other people's feelings in mind (unless they're acting like a-holes of course). So I took it as a learning experience.

Seriously, I was playing BeEm the other day and had a disastrous back 9. He said a few things, but kept it to a minimum since he could tell I was frustrated. Imagine if he said "ul" every hole during that stretch. So I get where those other folks were coming from.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

i added turtle/rabbit to it, just to clear up, if some 1 could help with tidying up these things and add anything else i might have missed.
    Yes, yes it is.

6. Default Re: Golfing Terminology

i use this one to upset the triple bogey crew!!!

X = pirates map??

lmaosmifaft= laughing my a55 off so much i farted and followed through!! :-[
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=3875

SONY sunday fun nights click to join, no ones up their own a55

[quote author=clint_westwood link=topic=1660.msg19464#msg19464 date=1234358212]
    i use this one to upset the triple bogey crew!!!

X = pirates map??

lmaosmifaft= laughing my a55 off so much i farted and followed through!! :-[
    [/quote]

WTF Clint, where do you come up with this

8. Default Re: Golfing Terminology

haaa ;D

i dunno dawg, it just happens........youll know when i follow thru, i walk like john wayne ;D

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=3875

SONY sunday fun nights click to join, no ones up their own a55

9. Default Re: Golfing Terminology

GDGDGDGDGDGD

Don't know about you guys, but I'll never get tired of hearing that one after <b>every</b> hole.

hooray for OGICEMAN. i regularly put it as well now just when things go wrong.
    Yes, yes it is.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast