Thread: New Update 2.60

Default New Update 2.60

Hi, everyone, we have a system software updates for PS3 coming soon, and I wanted to provide you with a sneak peak at the details.

The PS3 firmware update (v2.60) is designed primarily to enhance the systemís media capabilities. The key feature is a new Photo Gallery application, which delivers a suite of tools for sorting through and displaying your digital photo collection. Digital pictures can be organized in groups according to various criteria, including the camera used to take the photos, the event date and time, colors in the photos, as well as the number, ages, or facial expressions of the people pictured. You can also create slideshows set to music and build photo playlists with an easy-to-use interface. The Photo Gallery application will need to be installed separately from the XMB after you update your PS3ís firmware. To install the Photo Gallery application, go to the Photo section on the XMB, select Photo Gallery and press the X button.

The 2.60 update also includes:

Guest access to PlayStation Store Ė This enables non-PlayStation Network members to browse through the storefront to check out the latest games, demos, videos, etc.
    DivX 3.11 support Ė Videos in this format can now be played on PS3.
    Hereís a video walk-through of firmware 2.60 that shows off some of what the Photo Gallery can do.

Default Re: New Update 2.60

The 2.60 update doesn't appear to be available on the Playstation website yet, and downloading via the PS3 is taking forever (20% after about 20 minutes). I hope it speeds up or I'm gonna miss the 10pm league playoff game tonight.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

Probably not, it took a long time. And I was a little disappointed from the update

Sped up near the end, but now it's installing. Took more than 30 minutes to download. >
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~Maya Angelou

5. Default Re: New Update 2.60

im not impressed with this update useless stuff if u ask me

Not too impressed either but then again what more needs to be added? ???

7. Default Re: New Update 2.60

You can download it to a USB stick and install that way if you like. It just got released.

(Still says 3.53 on the pic but it's the big 140MB file)

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3